DB Trust awards fall into two categories:
1. An award for an indivudal student aged 16 or over. This award should be applied for by the student themselves using the ‘Student Application Form‘. As of June 2017 the maximum award we will offer to an individual student is £400
2. An award for an individual student aged below 16, a group of students of any age, or any other award for a school/setting/organisation. This award should be applied for by a representative of the school /organisation/setting using the ‘Group Application Form‘. As of June 2017 the maximum award we will offer to a school is £800
Notes: For the purpose of any grants a foreign language is any language other than English which the pupil is learning solely or mainly at school (a language does not count if acquired by birth and/or upbringing).
The award can be used to support and further studies within the UK or abroad, or to aid transition to higher study within a university in the UK.
- All forms must be electronically submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The parts of the forms which require a signature must be signed, scanned and e-mailed.
- If you have successfully applied for a grant, you are not eligible to apply for another within a 5 year period.
- All successful applicants will be contacted within 3 months from the date of application.
- If you have not heard from the DB Trust within 3 months of application, you have been unsuccessful at this time.
- Please note, awards will not be made for the purchase of general classroom resources for a school / setting / organisation
- Grants are awarded on the understanding that they will be spent in line with the details submitted on the application form.
- If you are awarded a grant and your circumstances change then you must contact the trustees using the email address given above.